The Community Action Inc. (CAI) First Time Homebuyer Education Program will offer first time homebuyer education classes for area residents beginning Tuesday, May 16 from 6 to 9 pm in the Presidential Gardens Community Room, 140 Evergreen Drive, Bradford.
- Comprehensive information offered by housing professionals including bank lenders, buyer/seller real estate brokers, housing attorneys, insurance agents home inspectors and credit counselors;
- Individual household mortgage pre-qualification;
- Information regarding foreclosure sales;
- Information regarding area affordable housing lotteries and services of a buyer broker;
- Information about down payment assistance programs and reduced interest loans.
A Massachusetts Homeownership Collaborative approved certificate is awarded after completion of the three- night course. The program is also approved by MassHousing. The dates for the course are Tuesday, May 16 Thursday, May 18 and Tuesday, May 23. The cost is $60 per household. There are no income requirements to take the training.
The workshop is sponsored by Pentucket Bank.
For more information contact Richard Lynch at 978-373-1971 or Susan Collins at 978-317-8998.